By the end of this course, the learner should be able to
1. understand and define personal competencies and their application,
2. understand the importance of setting personal career goals and develop a career plan,
3. identify sources of jobs and interpret information on potential employment opportunities successfully
4. understand the importance of a resume and/or application form,
5. identify types of job interviews and prepare to attend successfully, and
6. recognize the importance of maintaining personal image and hygiene and develop fundamental social etiquette skills.
This course has 6 lessons.
Lesson 1 will discuss the critical personal competencies that the student requires.
Lesson 2 will analyze personal career goals.
Lesson 3 will outline the sources of jobs and employment opportunities.
Lesson 4 will discuss the importance of a resume and application form.
Lesson 5 will discuss how to prepare for a job interview.
Lesson 6 will discuss the importance of maintaining personal hygiene and fundamental social etiquette skills.
The Personal presentation and employability course have six lessons. The course tackles the crucial things that are needed when preparing for an employment opportunity.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
1. Understand and define personal competencies and their application.
2. Understand the importance of setting personal career goals and develop a career plan.
3. Identify sources of jobs and interpret information on potential employment opportunities.
4. Understand the importance of a resume and application form.
5. Successfully identify types of job interviews and prepare to attend.
6. Recognize the importance of maintaining personal image and hygiene and develop fundamental social etiquette skills.
First, this lesson deals with personal competences and their applications. Some people seem to have the ability to succeed seamlessly. Some seem to have high levels of training; while some seem to have years of experience that help them succeed. The secret is that they have personal competencies that enable them to succeed. The learner should be able to understand personal competences when working or planning to attend an interview in a hotel setting. The learner should also be able to apply their competences in the management of a hotel and when planning to participate in a hotel interview.
Secondly, these lessons deal with career goals. The learner understands the importance of setting up personal career goals when they intend to work in a hotel. They should be able to develop a career plan that is geared towards helping them to realize their dreams of working in a hotel.
Thirdly, the learner should be able to identify employment opportunities within the hotel setting. Those learners who want to pursue hotel-related careers should be able to locate information on potential employment opportunities. Getting a job is not that easy, if you are searching for a job, you have to know how to identify sources especially in this era of job scams.
The fourth lessons deal with the importance of having a resume and an application form. These are essential details that are required when looking for a job in a hotel setting. By the end of the lesson, the learner should be able to know how to make an attractive resume that will be able to give them a competitive edge over other equally qualified candidates.
The fifth lesson deals with different types of job interviews. By the end of the class, the learner should be able to identify the different kinds of job interviews and prepare to attend them. As an interviewee, you need to be ready for any type of meeting because you don’t have prior information on the kind of interview to which you will be subjected. Different hotels have different modes of interviewing for various positions. You need to adhere to specific standards of personal hygiene to make a good first impression.
Lastly, you need to maintain your image an interview. At the end of the class, the learner should be able to recognize the importance of sustaining personal appearance and hygiene and develop fundamental social etiquette skills. First impressions are critical moments that set others’ perception of you when attending a job interview in a hotel. As an interviewee, you are supposed to portray a high level of etiquette and personal hygiene when being interviewed.