By the end of this course, the student should be able to
1. appreciate the role of the customer manager and G/RCM,
2. point out leadership models for sales managers clearly,
3. manage sale time effectively,
4. gain a deeper understanding of measuring performance successfully,
5. open a sales encounter in a way that captures the client’s attention,
6. ask different types of questions to have more insight into the needs of the client,
7. select the essential points as well as gather the necessary information and deal with customers’ objections,
8. Understand the concept of advanced customer management,
9. manage customers using the 80/20 0 KISS rule effectively,
10. approach a customer, get the necessary information and deal with the customer’s objections,
11. understand individuality and culture based on Hermann Brain model of customer management,
12. fit into different cultures by learning the cultural differences and understanding how to manage them,
13. enhance customer team development through co-selling, and
14. follow a simple, effective process to improve key development areas.
The virtual team management course has five modules. In this course, you are going to learn about 1. the role of customer manager and global/regional customer manager, 2. sales management tactics, 3. best in class sales force, 4. customer management, 5. the management activities carried out in sales.
In this lesson, you are going to learn about the roles of customer managers. As a customer manager, you are expected to operate at three different levels. These levels include; strategic, operational and tactical. The roles of customer manager under these different levels include; management of opportunities through the sales pipeline, management of customer relationship, development of customer plan and promotion of customer internally.
This module has three lessons. Lesson One will teach you about sales management tactics. As a sales manager, you are required to have a useful leadership model to be successful. There are 13 elements of leadership models that you can increase your effectiveness in your work. Likewise, you need to master and develop the four different types of authority. Lesson Two will teach you about managing sales time. Time is one of the essential resources that you need to control and manage. You need to reduce divisionary activity and create more customer-facing time. Lesson Three will handle measuring performance. A customer manager needs to know how to measure performance as it is depicting where the organization is, according to set standards. The global or regional customer managers need to ensure that the national customer sales pipeline and activities are reviewed on regular basis. The performance is measured according to the elements that are discussed in this lesson.
This module has four lessons. Lesson One: In this lesson, you will learn about the structured sales approach. The lesson discusses in detail how a customer manager ought to open a sales encounter; this is done by learning the four main stages of structured sales approach; contact information, persuasion and closing phase. Lesson Two will tackle the CORK model. When the customer manager gets the attention of the client, he/she needs to get more information about the client, from the client. The CORK model gives different types of questions that are used when creating a conversation with the client. Lesson Three will handle FAB, which is a technique that enables you to present your product most effectively. It allows the customer care to communicate his/her offer in the most persuasive and relevant manner. Lesson 4 will discuss negotiation and SEEDS steps of negotiation.
The module has five lessons. Lesson Zero introduces the tools that are required in customer management. To manage customers effectively, you need to learn about the global loop process and the people management skills. Lesson One will tackle 80/20 KISS rule, which insists on focusing on 20% of things that bring 80% of revenue to the company. Lesson Two will handle mobilizing commitment. In this lesson, you are going to understand how you can approach a customer, get the necessary information and deal with customers’ objections. Lesson Three will discuss Hermann model; this is a tool that enables you understand the individual and character. It helps you understand people and their thinking and preferences. Lesson Four is going to talk about cultural management. Cultural management involves understanding the individual and their culture. Cultural management helps in adopting and implementing changes in an organisation.
This module has two lessons. Lesson One will handle a co-selling. Co-selling is a joint sales visit conducted by the sales manager to assist the sales executives in converting sales opportunities into revenues. Lesson Two will handle coaching and debriefing sessions. The lesson discusses how you can use GROW model to conduct effective coaching and debriefing sessions, that will enable you improve the customer team.